Friday, March 13, 2009

I love getting inspired!




So I am constantly reminded of how inspiring scrapping sista's can be! I don't know where I would be without my friends in my favorite Cafemom scrapbooking group! Recently in a how-to section, was how to make these adorable Lollipop "Prima" flowers.

I really wanted to share the video with you also!!

But if you wanted to see a few steps from my journey, here they are:

Step One: Cut nesting circles



*the video has a great Quick tip about cutting squares first for an easy circle, since you are going to distress the heck out of these circles there is no need for perfection here. And that is my favorite kind of tip!


Step Two: Distress the edges of all the circles.





*You can use an edge distresser like mine, from Close to My Heart, or even scissors.




Step Three: Use a white acrylic paint & your finger tip to paint the edges of all the circles.


*I have so many pictured here because I was making 3 flowers. I didn't use 5 for each flower, or make them all the same size. As "they" always say There are no rules in scrapbooking!





Step Four: Arrange and align your flowers and insert a brad in the center.





*Here's one with just 4 circles.





Step five: Using a spray bottle with water, or a glimmer mist, spray the flowers and using your fingers curl up the edges of your circles.




*You can do this as much or as little as you want. Add more water if you find the paper not maleable enough. Shown here is the difference between curling or not. Definately gives a lot more dimension. The acrylic paint, when moistened with the water, will act as a stiffener and will hold your flower's dimension after the next step.


Step six: Using a heat gun or heat source, dry your flower.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of my favorite pages...